The appearance of ageing facial skin is caused by the depletion of the supporting tissues underneath the skin. Environmental factors, such as exposure to pollutants, sun exposure, and passive smoke also contribute to ageing skin.
At Dr Saras & Co, we provide volume enhancement treatment to combat the signs of aging and restore plumpness and volume to the face. This is achieved through dermal filler injections, which are regarded as a safe and effective treatment.
A dermal filler is a naturally derived substance (hyaluronic acid) that is injected into the skin with the purpose of plumping the area to the point where the fold, depression or wrinkle are eliminated. Fillers help hydrate the skin by retaining water and combining elastin with collagen to provide volume and structure.
The hyaluronic acid in the dermal filler is manufactured and purified particularly for smoothing wrinkles and softening lips.
• Smoothing out indented marks from acne
• Improving the shape of the cheeks
• Smoothing out and adding volume to the deep creases from the nose to the mouth
• Filling out hollows under the eye area
• Plumping thin lips and smoothing out vertical lines around the edges of the mouth
• Increasing volume in the temple or lower cheek areas
Dermal fillers are a quick, safe and effective way to rejuvenate the face without having to undergo invasive surgery or general anaesthetic. Dr Saras & Co have access to an extensive range of fillers used by our highly trained staff to help you achieve the best natural looking results.
Prior to receiving dermal fillers, patients attend an informative consultation with a professional to discuss the treatment, goals and any concerns. This way a treatment program can be created to suit individual needs.
During the procedure, the dermal filler is injected into your skin using a very fine needle. Depending on the enhancement you are trying to achieve, the filler will be injected along deep facial folds, wrinkles or hollowed out areas of the face that have lost volume due to the ageing process. Normally, treatments will only last around 30 minutes. The procedure is well tolerated by most patients and there is minimal discomfort.
After receiving dermal fillers, there may be some redness and swelling around the injection sites. This is normal and will only be temporary, usually disappearing within 24 hours of treatment. Your results will be instantly recognisable, with a noticeable rejuvenation. There is no downtime associated with dermal fillers, which means patients are free to leave the clinic after the procedure. You can resume your daily routine and return to work straightaway.
The results of Dermal fillers can last for up to 24 months. But, just like results, this can vary from person to person. They are classed as a temporary treatment, as the body will naturally absorb them over time.
• No downtime for recovery
• Highly effective at improving appearance
• Performed during one visit
• No anaesthesia is required
• Natural-looking results that don’t affect the ability to make facial expressions
• Results can be reversed or corrected
• Soft compounds which can be moulded to suit your unique facial features
• Corrects the signs of ageing by lifting and filling the skin, and smoothing out wrinkles
• Contours the jaw line by correcting jowls and sagging features
At Dr Saras & Co, we are facial rejuvenation specialists and look forward to working with you to treat all of your skin concerns with the quickest and most cost-effective technologies at our clinics located in Annandale, Double Bay and Miranda.